I hope you’re all having a relaxing Sunday! This past week, I was in the mood to whip up something yummy and decided on a simple classic, Banana Bread. Banana bread is one of my all time favorite treats and I was excited when this clean, nutritious twist turned out as amazing as it did. I drew inspiration from a fellow blogger’s (Valleybrink Road) recipe, and it did not disappoint. I hope you all enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease loaf pan with coconut oil and dust with flour.
- Beat coconut oil and coconut sugar together. Add eggs and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the coconut oil/ sugar mixture till smooth.
- Fold in the yogurt, mashed bananas and cinnamon. Gently mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into greased pan.
- Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.