After enjoying a warm slice of zucchini bread for the third day in a row, I knew I had to share the details with you guys! There’s really not much I love more than a fresh, comforting slice of bread in the morning. It can be as simple as toast or as decadent as a loaf of bakery style bread but one thing holds strong through and through… It’s the perfect start to the morning! This past weekend I got in the kitchen and experimented with a new recipe. This is my first time ever making Zucchini bread and it for sure won’t be my last. This bread is simple, dense, filling and nutritious.. AND tastes just like the one you’ve ordered at your local bakery…minus all the crazy ingredients!
If you could’ve only smelled my house while this was baking… too good! I had been on the hunt for ways to adapt the traditional recipe to something I could feel great about eating everyday, without the guilt. Like I said above, this has been on breakfast repeat, so I hope you have the chance to try it out and enjoy!
This is the perfect treat for breakfast, afternoon snack or top with something sweet for dessert!
- 1 3/4 cup White whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (slowly add more if batter seems too thick)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8×4 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in eggs, mashed banana, vanilla, honey, and grated zucchini. Stir ingredients until just combined. Slowly add in almond milk.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and Enjoy!