Hope you’ve had a relaxing weekend! This past week, I’ve been itching to get in the kitchen and start creating new recipes. I truly never knew how much effort goes into creating and perfecting a recipe on paper! Since 99% of my meals are unplanned and just whatever I feel like, properly putting together recipes that others will be able to recreate is a learning experience..:) Even though it’s tricky, nothing makes me happier, especially when it turns out well! One of my all-time favorite bloggers/ career inspirations is Ella Woodward from Deliciously Ella. Her laid back, realistic approach to a plant-based diet is refreshing and inspiring. Ella is based out of London, so many of her recipes are English originals. Over and over again I saw her take on classic muesli and became intrigued… To be completely honest, I had no idea exactly what muesli was. I did my research and noticed its similarities to granola. Granola is one of my morning go-to’s. It’s easy to grab on-the-go, nourishing and oh-so delicious. After a little brainstorming, I ran to the store and picked up all my ingredients. Nuts, oats, dates, cacao, coconut... what could go wrong?? After baking, I threw it into the freezer over night and woke up to the most divine, chewy, crunchy yogurt bowl, made perfect by muesli. This stuff is sweet, toasty, and incredibly nourishing… not to mention, completely customizable! I hope you have the chance to try it and Enjoy!
Maple Hazelnut Muesli-
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw coconut chips
- 3 large medjool dates (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp bee pollen (optional, but a great super food add-in)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Combine oats, almonds, chopped hazelnuts, coconut, spices, cacao, and salt.
- Stir in maple syrup, vanilla and bee pollen.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a greased sheet pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted.
- Sprinkle in chopped dates.
- Serve right away or freeze (no need to thaw before eating).